I hope you’re all keeping well and that you’re all looking forward to this Easter weekend. I did some baking today and thought maybe you would like to make some as a treat for your family this Easter too? If you do, we'd love to see a picture of them! Stay safe and enjoy each other’s company!
Thinking of you all!
- 150g unsalted butter (softened)
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 300g plain flour
- heat the oven to 180
- mix soft butter in a large bowl
- mix in the sugar
- crack the egg and mix in
- add the vanilla extract (if using) and mix in
- add the flour to make a dough and mix
- get stuck in with your hands!
- add extra flour if it's too sticky
- flour a surface
- roll out dough on floured surface
- use biscuit cutters of your choice and press into the dough
- put cut out dough onto baking tray and into the oven for 8 - 10 minutes
- Leave to cool and making icing sugar
- 100g icing sugar to 15ml water
- add food colouring