Our role is: To lead the way in caring for our school and local environment
Our goal is: To reduce the amount of waste produced by our school
In 2018-2019, we have:
- Carried out an 'Environmental Review' and shared the outcomes in an assembly
- Designed posters to reduce waste in and around our school
- Collaborated with our waste management service, Veolia, to deliver an assembly on recycling and
- As a result of our efforts, we have worked alongside the School Business Manager to reduce the energy bills of the school by a few hundred pounds!
- Collaborated with
- Contacted our milk provider, Cool Milk, regarding plastic waste and received a reply.
- Organised an Anti-idling assembly and workshop for Key Stage Two
- Organised to water trees in the local area
- Achieved the Bronze Eco Award - November 2018
- Achieved the Silver Eco Award - May 2019
The `Tree Warden Group Merton` wrote to us to express how much they needed our support to water 8 newly planted trees in Raynes Park. By doing this, our Eco Warriors “have helped reduce the impact of climate change, reduce flooding and improve air quality as well as make our streets more beautiful.” Even members of the public commented on the wonderful work that our children and our school are doing to support the environment.